Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Card of Week: Evan Longoria 2008 Topps Update

First of all, I would like to apologize for my little absence.  I had a bit of a cold and lost my internet connection temporarily(thanks Comcast). So I am back now with this week's card of the week.

I decided to showcase a card of player who is has been a star this October- Tampa Bays Rays third baseman Evan Longoria.
2008 Topps Update Evan Longoria rookie card
For the tiebreaker game, Evan Longoria went 3-4 at the plate which included a two run homer as the Rays beat Texas 5-2.  That was Longoria's seventh career home run that was hit on the team's last game of the year.  The previous record of six was held by Cardinal's legend Stan Musial.
On Monday, Longoria hit a game tying three run home run vs Boston Red Sox. It is his ninth career post season home run. It was also Longoria's 28th birthday on Monday.  Very happy birthday indeed. He is the second person in MLB history to hit a postseason homer on his birthday.  The other was Kansas City Royals' Willie Mays Aikens during the 1980 World Series(he hit two that day).
This is also gives me an excuse to show one of my favorite baseball commercials in recent years.  Plus give some free advertisment for New Era hats:







No comments:

Post a Comment